- MPLAB® ICD 4 features a faster processor and increased RAM
- Achieves up to twice the speed of the previous generation ICD
- Offers a wider voltage range of 1.20 to 5.5V and increased flexibility
- Supports all PIC® MCUs and dsPIC® digital signal controllers via MPLAB X IDE
Microchip announces the MPLAB® ICD 4, an in-circuit programming and debugging development tool for Microchip’s PIC® microcontroller and dsPIC® digital signal controller portfolios. The MPLAB ICD 4 includes all the features of the popular MPLAB ICD 3 debugger while adding increased speed through a faster processor and increased RAM.
The MPLAB ICD 4’s significant improvement in speed is accomplished through a 32-bit MCU running at 300 MHz. Faster processing, together with an increased buffer memory of 2 MB, results in a product that is up to twice as fast as its predecessor.
The puck-shaped MPLAB ICD 4 is housed in a durable, black case with a brushed aluminum top and is accented with an LED light strip to indicate debugging status. The tool offers the following features:
- A wider target voltage range, from 1.20 to 5.5 V
- An optional 1 Amp of power (using an external power supply)
- Selectable pull-up/pull-down option to the target interface
- Configurable interface speed for optimised programming and debugging
- Intelligent, robust interface with fault detection and immunity
- JTAG debugging capability
Microchip’s MPLAB ICD 4 is easy to use and supports all PIC microcontrollers and dsPIC digital signal controllers in Microchip’s portfolio through the MPLAB X Integrated Development Environment (IDE). This simplifies the design process for customers when they choose to migrate from one PIC MCU to another to meet the needs of their application.
For more information please contact:
Engineer: Field Application PLM
Arrow Altech Distribution
+27 (0) 21 555 1884
+27 (0) 83 231 1169