TI Introduces 2.5-A, 60-V Step-Down SWIFT™ DC/DC Converter
7 June 2010
TI Introduces 2.5-A, 60-V Step-Down SWIFT™ DC/DC Converter:
Wide input-voltage converter provides fast transient response, high efficiency to industrial low-power systems and GSM/GPRS modules
Texas Instruments Incorporated introduced its first 2.5-A step-down SWIFT™ converter to support input voltages up to 60 volts. The new TPS54260 monolithic synchronous switcher with integrated high-side FET provides up to 95 percent efficiency and low operating current to 12-, 24- and 48-V point-of-load designs and GSM/GPRS modules used in electronic meters (e-meters), fleet management and security systems. For samples and evaluation modules visit: www.ti.com/tps54260-pr.
• TI's high-efficiency SWIFT device with integrated 200-milliohm high-side FET supports a 2.5-A continuous current, and a power stage input voltage range from 3.5 V to 60 V.
• Wide switching frequency range (100 kHz to 2.5 MHz) combines efficiency with design flexibility, and comes in a space-saving, thermally enhanced 3 mm x 4.9 mm x 1 mm monolithic MSOP package that minimizes footprint.
• Synchronized switching frequency from a master clock eliminates beat noise in sensitive data acquisition circuitry.
• Feature-rich IC includes power-good, enable and tracking pins for sequencing.
The TPS54260 is available in volume now from TI and its authorized distributors in a 3 mm x 4.9 mm MSOP PowerPad™ package.
Find Out More About TI's SWIFT Portfolio by Visiting the Following:
• Order samples and the TPS54260EVM-597 evaluation module: www.ti.com/tps54260-pr.
• SWIFT DC/DC step-down converter portfolio: www.ti.com/swift-pr.
• TI's simple-to-use, downloadable SwitcherPro™ design tool: www.ti.com/switcherpro-pr.
Managing System Power Requirements
In addition to the TPS54260, TI SWIFT converters efficiently manage the system power requirements in industrial applications that use TI microcontrollers (MCUs) including C2000™ real-time control MCUs and MSP430™ ultra-low power MCUs. Other 60-V converters, such as the TPS54160 1.5-A device and TPS54060 0.5-A device, provide lower current and high-efficiency. All three SWIFT converters are pin-compatible for design flexibility.
Arrow Altech Distribution represents Texas Instruments in South Africa
For further information, please contact Stuart Hanford on:
(011) 923 9600 / firstname.lastname@example.org