To accurately check the power consumption of embedded designs, the STM32 Power shield (X-NUCLEO-LPM01A) is an affordable measurement tool for ultra-low-power devices such as IoT endpoints. In addition to measuring static current, it dynamically monitors current from 100 nA to 50 mA and directly computes EEMBC ULPMark scores. An extended GUI is available to visualize captured data for making informed decisions.
The X-NUCLEO-LPM01A is a 1.8 V to 3.3 V programmable power supply source with advanced power consumption measurement capability.
It performs consumption averaging (static measurement up to 200 mA) as well as real-time analysis (dynamic measurement up to 50 mA with 100 kHz bandwidth).
The X-NUCLEO-LPM01A operates either in standalone mode (using its LCD, joystick and button to display static measurements), or in controlled mode connected to host PC via USB (using the STM32CubeMonitor-Power software tool with its comprehensive graphical user interface).
It can be used to supply and measure the consumption of STM32 Nucleo-32, Nucleo-64 or Nucleo-144 boards, using Arduino connectors. Alternatively, it allows to supply and measure the consumption of any target connected by wires via the basic connector.
- STM32L496VGT6 microcontroller featuring Arm® Cortex® -M4 core at 80 MHz / 100 DMIPS and three 12-bit ADC at 5 Msps
- Programmable voltage source from 1.8 V to 3.3 V
- Static current measurement from 1 nA to 200 mA
- Dynamic measurements:
- 100 kHz bandwidth, 3.2 Msps sampling rate
- Current from 100 nA to 50 mA
- Power measurement from 180 nW to 165 mW
- Energy measurement computation by power measurement time integration
- Execution of EEMBC ULPMark™ tests
- Mode standalone:
- Monochrome LCD, 2 lines of 16 characters with backlight
- 4-direction joystick with selection button
- Enter and Reset push-buttons
- Mode controlled:
- Connection to a PC through USB FS micro-B receptacle
- Command line (virtual COM port) or
- STM32CubeMonitor-Power PC tool.
- 4 status LEDs
- Target board connectors:
- Arduino™ Uno and Nano connectors
- Basic connector (white): 4 wires
- Flexible input power-supply options:
- USB micro-B (VBUS)
- External power connector (7 V to 10 V)
- Arduino Uno and Nano connectors (pin 5 V)
For more information please contact:
011 923 9600/ 011 923 9668