SL876Q5-A module simplifies the development process and delivers superior performance for wearables, personal trackers, and other battery-dependent applications.
Arrow Altech Distribution has announced the availability of a new, ultra-slim family of smart antenna GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System) receiver modules introduced by Telit. These fully integrated modules include a comprehensive feature set that eliminates the need for additional components, ideal for Internet of Things (IoT) projects with size, cost, and time constraints.
Easing the burden for developers with little or no RF design experience, the SL876Q5-A is compliant with regulatory and industry standards specifications. The module combines an omni-directional low profile embedded antenna and an internal RF switch. This combination is well suited for applications needing two antennas, such as personal trackers and alarms, which must be equipped with a main and a backup antenna when the signal becomes compromised. A true turnkey solution, the SL876Q5-A includes best-in-class features such as an additional Low Noise Amplifier (LNA), Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) filter, and efficient power management technology in an ultra-slim Leadless Chip Carrier (LCC) package. The inclusion of several low power modes reduces total power consumption while maintaining position accuracy, which extends battery life—a critical requirement for wearables, personal trackers, and other battery-dependent applications.
“The SL876Q5-A delivers on everything our customers and partners have come to expect from the industry’s leading IoT solutions provider,” said Ronen Ben-Hamou, Telit’s EVP of Products and Solutions. “IoT developers continuously search for solutions that simplify the design process. We’ve developed a compact solution with features that deliver industry-leading performance without compromising performance.”
Arrow Altech Distributions’ Technical Marketing Manager, Stuart Hanford adds, “Not only does the SL876Q5-A eliminate the need for additional components in most use cases, but also cuts development time and costs considerably.”
Full GNSS for exceptional coverage
- Quad-GNSS: GPS/ QZSS and GLONASS or BeiDou and it is Galileo ready
- A-GNSS: Onboard generation and server-generated file injection that can be stored into the embedded flash memory
- Omni-directional antenna design delivers industry-leading performance in sensitivity, tracking performance, and accuracy
- MEMS wakeup feature offers lowest power consumption
- Built in LNA for improved sensitivity
- Primary port: UART, I2C, or SPI. Secondary port: UART or I2C, I2C supports MEMS wakeup only
- Embedded RF switch allows easy integration with external antennas
- Ultra-slim design
- 11 x 11.9 x 2.3 mm LCC package for space constrained devices
- Flash memory enables firmware upgrades, customization, and AGPS file storage, which is ideal for battery-dependent devices
To learn more please contact:
Manager: Wireless Department
Arrow Altech Distribution
+27 (0) 11 923 9709
+27 (0) 83 252 1987